ups and downs revolve in her circle of life

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Feasting in a-non-festive-season

Recent continuous visits of buddies had resulted in a non-stop feasting for me. Well, there is nothing much to do in sg beside the gourmet parade. Most of the times, there are too many food to try and gobble down yet too little time and limited space for your stomach.

Reminded me of our last company incentive trip in Tokyo. As some of us were not extend due to some circumstances, thus we had a food and shopping tour within one day. Thinking of the amount of food we had eaten was just amazed. Moreover, the meal just continue one after another within a day.

Well despite the food we ate in Tokyo, i never regretted it as i have tasted the freshest sashimi ever in my life. It just melted in your mouth and yet sashimi is so cheap @ tsukiji market. Another highlight is the aburi (broil sashimi). Maybe someday, i should blog about the restaurants we visited. I thought i won't be doing the same thing again till my next visit in Tokyo. However, history repeat by itself.

Now, to talk about the food, i really feel sick. I just wish that i can have sandwich or salad for the next few weeks. I have eaten too much of local fare and slightly felt sick on it even though i know they're delicious. Suddenly, i just lost my appetite. For the past few weeks, i have visited so many outlets to hunt for food non stop.

Here are the outlets that i have been visited for the past 2 weeks. I bet after reading you will understand what i am trying to say though: Garuda @ Vivo and Cairnhill, Warung Lele, Boon Tong Kee, Brussel Sprouts, Food Republic @ Wisma, Jumbo @ Riverside Point, Chinatown food street market, Sun with Moon, Tiong Bahru Cze Char, Modesto, Ajishan ramen, Jalan Sultan Prawn Mee, East Ocean Teo Chew Restaurant.

Somemore, next week i am going to jakarta to attend my colleague's wedding. I will fly there on Thurs aft and return on Sunday. That mean i will hunt some javanese food to eat while i'm in town. ckckck......

I have decided to readjust my diets once i return from there.

Afterall, despite all the feasting, i will still continue to eat all of the food again once i recuperate.... I just love the chemistry and fusion of the food created.

No comments: