ups and downs revolve in her circle of life

Friday, October 12, 2007

Caffeine Effects...

Last nite we ended up at Vivo city to meet our high school friends (which my friend called old folks as we known each others since kindergarten). After dinner, we were at Starbucks and i ordered ice Americano as usual.

At nite, i was rolling on my bed and didn't get to deep sleep till 3:30 am. Part of it was also because i was waiting for my bro as he was coming from KL and didn't reach here till 2:30am. He was stuck at checkpoint for 2 hours (it's due to the malay's new year celebration where people are traveling back and forth b/w the two countries).

Caffeine (eg. black coffee, frap, mountain dew) doesn't really have effect on me regardless on how much i drank. Usually, only to certain degrees and time i will feel coffee is useful, however i still slept well at nite regardless on the timing i consumed it.

It's weird, the body just reacted differently....

Well, to certain degree where i need caffeine is when i'm really tired and i need it to keep awake. There was once where we had stayed up for the past few nite in around thanksgiving and we drove down to Chicago. We didn't sleep once we arrived Chicago and staying up early to queue for thanksgiving sale. Thus, by the time we reached downtown to Neiman Marcus, I got myself double shot espresso. Surprisingly, it kept me alert for the whole day and i felt energetic. I was the one driving the whole day and nite for 13 hours.

Another time is after lunch time, i would grab a cup to keep me alerted when i'm really sleepy.

Generally, I am not a coffee addicted but a juice addicted. Generally, i would drink 1-2 juice per day in different flavors. Occassionally, i will drink a coffee and i would just be fine without having one in my day. Indeed, my day must start with orange juice or else i would feel sick. Once i reached office, i opted for green tea.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All sugar man ... ck ck ck