ups and downs revolve in her circle of life

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Jakarta

After 6 or 7 years not visiting the city, there wasn't much changes as it is more jam. It's maybe due to the fasting season as well. Aside to that, there are more malls built, int'l hotels, better transportation.

Surprisingly, i found the city has improved a lot except for the traffic jam. The malls are even better than SG, probably because of newly built. Basically, you can find all the stuffs from fashion to restaurants in sg as well as in jkt. Some of them, they even had it before sg started with it. The interior, ambiance, atmosphere of the restaurants are better than sg. My cousin told me that ambiance has taken a crucial role recently, those who are actually in interior business has earned a lot ^^ She mentioned as long as there is a nice atmosphere, people won't care whether the food is tasty or not.

So far, i found the services are way much better than the ones in sg. I think they're the worst i had encounter so far.

The visit was quite memorable coz aside to visit Rina's wedding. The other highlights are i got to meet my granny and friends. My granny has aged a lot since the last time i saw her. She is really getting old and weaker. Somemore, i think it's quite hard in her position due to the family feud. Sometimes, i am even wondering if all of these are the results of big family. I could tell that she is very happy to see me again. I wish I could spend more time with her. I could feel her peaceful mind by just having me accompany at her side. I wish her well being and longevity.

Aside to that i got to meet few of my high school friends and catch up with them. 8 years after our graduation, a lot of things had changed. Some of us are married and even with kids. Within this year itself, i think there are at least 5-6 couples who are getting married.

Of course, i would not forget to mention about the food i had while i'm jkt. You'd amaze of the food i ate on the next day once i arrived. I had nasi uduk as breakfast, nasi padang as lunch, and padang food as dinner. heheheehehe...... For the rest of two days, of course i was having delicious food and good time.

On our returned journey, we arrived airport quite early coz afraid of stucked in jam. Thus, we're fooling around in the airport which my colleagues think that the airport looks more like ferry terminal. ckckck......

No comments: