ups and downs revolve in her circle of life

Monday, September 24, 2007

Best Places to Launch your Career.

One day, i was browsing the business week website and this article caught my attention in the special report section - Best Places to Launch your Career which i would like to share and it's such an interesting piece. ^^

Out of the top 95 best places to launch your career, not a single company is an ad agency. Maybe it's because our industry is more concentrated and more focus where we don't get mixed up with the business industry. That's how i console myself ckckck...

The places to start your careers are dominant by accounting and engineering fields as expected. Sometimes, i'd think How i wish that i was majored in business and at least accounting.
Even I am good at math but i don't have a confident nor like to do all the calculation of assets, billing, revenues, stocks, and etc. As I know that i do not have a business mind and not very interested in this field such as finance, accounting, logistics, supply chain and etc. To me, those are aliens.

Thus, even though my dad never mentioned, i know he would love if one of his kids are studying accounting in order to be able to help him. Indeed none of us are at the end. I know if you're an accountant, you'll never be out of job as you'll survive in every industry and it's desperately needed ckckck... Despite, being an unfilial daughter, with my guts, i picked advertising (my mom warned me of long and hectic working life as what my cousin's situation).

i am very grateful to my parents to let us freely decide what we would like to do in our career without forcing us. There are so many parents out there who did oblige their kids on their career paths.

Well, i have never regretted of studying or taking advertising line. As of today, advertising does take a great role in our life. It is just amazing to see how advertising take such a great role. Even the simpler word of mouth is part of advertising. I still have not changed my point of view and perspective towards advertising. I am so glad that my inspiration is still the same as when i decided to pick advertising.

I always irked by people who humiliate advertising. This reminded me of my 2001 summer courses in art and humanity course where i was surrounded by a group of anti-advertising as well as the associate professor. I thought the class was crazy hehehee..... At that point of time, i felt proud to fight and defense for advertising during the discussion. ^^

Even though there are a lot of misleadings, i still believe the world ain't survive without advertising especially in today's society.

No comments: