ups and downs revolve in her circle of life

Sunday, September 16, 2007

First view of Changi Airport T3

On Aug 31st, we went for a site recce (site visit) on soon to be launch Changi Airport Terminal 3.
Even though it will inaugurate on Jan 09th, the only confirmed airline is long haul SIA flights (above 6 hours). Hooray, finally the new terminal is not restricted to only SQ.

However, 3 months countdown, the airlines have not yet finalized on their shifting due to the complicated logistics and blah blah blah. But several airlines have indicated their interest such as Qatar, Korean Air, British Airways, shoot i couldn't remember anyway it's ok ckckck.....

Well the new sites was built environmental friendly by using the solar lighting system and the best part is the overview of departure hall to the baggage pick up area. The part i like the most is their baggage picking area which is in a very soothing mood. Well, it's not because it has palm tree as i have seen palm tree in other int'l airports such as Orlando.

Overall, the airport was just normal, there is nothing extremely nice it's just similar to the T1, T2. My disappointment is the restrooms, as they are still unimproved, still wet and the hygiene was not a concern yet. How could you have an int'l standard airport but you don't have a cover seat?

Also, i don't really like the color of the seats in the waiting areas, it is just too blend and got this Malay look color.

Well, one of the fun parts is we got to travel around and stepped into unfinished PPS lounge and get to see the dock for A380.....

T3 is actually connected to T1 in foot distance as well as the skytrain. Due to the long terminal, there is actually skytrain ride to transfer to boarding gate as well.

This is an amazing sign where you can find on the chair. SG has never fail its personality. Known as fine city, they will remember to put this sign that if you ever sit, sleep, or jump on the chair, you'll be fined of $1,000. Please note the airport is not yet launched, maybe it's warning for us who go for site visit and the construction workers hehehee....

You could check out T3 site recce to visualize the new terminal.

At least the government will call it as T3 instead of the other terminal where it's named budget terminal hahahaha....

2 comments:

QuincylovesBoA said...

Wahlau, supposed to do site recce for work but you gals took photos like going to fly off on holiday. I do miss working with you gals, y'all just never fail to amuse me.

babytwist's bunk said...

hehehehe... we're multitasking - combine work & fun as well ^^ somemore it's friday... ckckck